Early Intervention Educator Program
Career Growth Program
Become an Early Intervention Educator
Leor is proud to offer an exclusive training course for Early Childhood Educators who want to increase their skills and deliver early intervention outcomes to children. Using our years of expertise in providing quality early learning programs to children with complex needs across Australia, we have developed a course to prepare those who are interested in taking the next step in their career.
Our five week, immersive, practical course is taught by experienced Early Childhood Educators and Allied Health Professionals face to face, online and through self guided modules. The course will provide you with real life skills and a guaranteed job offer upon completion*. That means you could be job ready in just five weeks, with cash back for your course fee after you complete probation as a member of the Leor team.
- Core early intervention principles
- Child protection concepts for vulnerable children
- Early intervention in early childhood
- Peg and tube feeding
- Child centred collaboration
- Inclusive practices
Who is this course for?
- Early Childhood Educators looking to step up in their career
- Early Childhood Teachers looking to refine their skills with complex needs and pursue supervision and mentoring roles
- Support Workers
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- implement early intervention strategies for children that apply a child’s NDIS goals in a child’s home or centre based care;
- apply holistic education and care principles to a child’s learning program and collaborate with third parties to achieve a child’s goals;
- identify when and how trauma occurs and how it impacts a child’s learning and development;
- understand how to administer peg and tube feeding;
- understand the purpose and appropriateness of making records and reports in relation to children accessing the NDIS;
- identify when practices are not inclusive and implement strategies to improve inclusion; and
- assess when self-care is required and identify ways of accessing support.
Upon completion of the course, you will be guaranteed of an offer of employment from Leor*. Upon successfully completing probation as an employee of Leor, you will be reimbursed for the course fee.
In order to complete the course you will be required to complete online assessments, as well as successfully pass an assessor interview with one of the course teachers.
* Guaranteed job offer is based upon successful completion of the course, which includes passing the assessment requirements, and confirmation that you are able to meet the requirements of the position description. Commencement in the role may be subject to the availability of work at Leor.
Next Intake: July/August 2022
This course will be taught by experienced Early Childhood Educators and allied health professionals. You will be exposed to real life scenarios whilst also attending live online workshops and completing self guided online materials.
The course takes five weeks to complete with a 1.5 hour commitment each week outside business hours. The assessment components must be completed within four weeks of completing the last module.
Ready to enrol?
Add to cart to get started.