In Home Care Educator Course
Career Growth Program
In Home Care Educator Course
Leor is proud to offer an exclusive training course for Early Childhood Educators who want to increase their skills and deliver early childhood education and care in the family home. Using our years of expertise in providing quality early learning programs to children across Australia in their own home, we have developed a course to prepare those who are interested in taking the next step in their career.
Our four week, immersive, practical course is taught by experienced Early Childhood Educators and Allied Health Professionals face to face, online and through self guided modules. The course will provide you with real life skills and a guaranteed job offer upon completion*. That means you could be job ready in just four weeks, with cash back for your course fee after you complete probation as a member of the Leor team.
- Applying the EYLF in the family home
- Safety and incident management protocols
- Adopting a holistic education and care model
- How trauma impacts a child’s learning and development
- Self-care and wellbeing
Who is this course for?
- Early Childhood Educators looking for a change in career
- Early Childhood Teachers looking to refine their skills with complex needs and pursue supervision and mentoring roles
- Support Workers
- Anyone considering a career in the early childhood sector but haven’t started studying yet
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- have a strong understanding of how the EYLF can be implemented in the family home environment;
- evaluate risk and apply risk mitigation strategies in the home and on excursions;
- apply holistic education and care principles to a child’s learning program;
- identify when and how trauma occurs and how it impacts a child’s learning and development;
- understand the purpose and appropriateness of making records and reports in relation to children and their home environment; and
- assess when self-care is required and identify ways of accessing support.
Upon completion of the course, you will be guaranteed of an offer of employment from Leor*. Upon successfully completing probation as an employee of Leor, you will be reimbursed for the course fee.
In order to complete the course you will be required to complete online assessments, as well as successfully pass an assessor interview with one of the course teachers.
* Guaranteed job offer is based upon successful completion of the course, which includes passing the assessment requirements, and confirmation that you are able to meet the requirements of the position description.
Intake 1: May 2021
Intake 2: August 2021
Intake 3: November 2021
This course will be taught by experienced Early Childhood Educators and allied health professionals. You will be exposed to real life scenarios through in person observation sessions with other Leor Educators, whilst also attending live online lectures, and completing self guided online materials.
The course takes four weeks to complete, and the assessment components must be completed within four weeks of completing the last module.
Ready to enrol?
Add to cart to get started.